IMAGINE THIS: You wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat because your stand fan isn’t powerful enough to blow a cool breeze.
How annoying is that? VERY.
But do you know what’s worse? Waking up to the NOISY sound of your fan attempting to blow cool air, but FAILING.
Lucky for you, you can hit two birds with one stone by getting one of the quietest pedestal fans on the market.
Reviews of the Best Quietest Pedestal Fans on the Market
We’ve rounded up 6 of the quietest pedestal fans you can choose from. These quiet pedestal fans won’t give you annoying blowing air sounds in the middle of the night!
Before we get started, you should know that we’ve already crowned Costway as the best pedestal tower fan in the market.
Keep on reading, and you’ll find out why.
1. Costway 16-Inch Pedestal Fan
This Costway fan is the BEST overall pedestal fan on the market, especially if you’re looking for something simple and does a great job of reducing the noise level.
HERE’S WHAT MAKES IT SO GREAT:
- It’s highly affordable and durable
- It’s equipped with great features to have a hassle-free experience. It comes with the basic features you’ll need for your fan: Varying speed levels, oscillation, control, and a timer.
- You can control Costway both manually and through remote control, which can provide up to three feet of convenience.
But the most DISTINCT trait you’ll find in the Costway is its 5 large fan blades.
The five fan blades are HIGHLY effective at producing excellent cool air supply — powerful enough to provide a cool, refreshing breeze in a big room.
Combined with its adjustable height feature, you can cool your place from anywhere, anytime!
If you’re looking for a simple, quiet fan, the Costway won’t disappoint.
At its price point, it’s a product deserving of your money and maybe even more. It has all the features you need without a big price tag!
- The fan provides a quiet airflow that won’t disrupt your sleep and other activities
- Reliable automatic timer
- It provides excellent airflow and three speed settings
- Easy to clean thanks to its removable grill
- Comes at an affordable price
- Has incredible features for a hassle-free use
- Professional looking fan
- Great customer reviews
- Comes in one color
- Basic design
2. Vornado 6803DC Energy Smart Air Circulator
Most Powerful Pedestal Fan
As its name suggests, the Vornado Energy Smart Air Circulator has excellent and POWERFUL technology. Your hot summer’s day can disappear in an instant, thanks to Vornado’s powerful vortex action.
HERE’S WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE:
- Like its other products, the Vornado makes use of its signature Vortex air circulation. Through the years, it has proven itself to be a powerful AND energy-efficient air cooling method.
- Once you’ve plugged in the Vornado, you don’t have to worry about your electrical bills charging up. One of the impressive features of Vornado is that it consumes up to 80% LESS energy than other quiet pedestal fans. Now THAT is energy efficiency.
- Unlike other quiet pedestal fans on the market, consider the Vornado a powerhouse. Its airflow setting alone might overwhelm you, because of the 99 unique options to choose from. How crazy is that? You won’t have a hard time looking for the right cooling action, made especially for you.
- Through its remote control, you can easily access Vornado’s different control settings and even its energy-saving timer.
- It also comes with a touch speed settings control on your fans’ body, helping you find the perfect airflow setting for your home.
What’s more impressive about the Vornado is its modern design that can easily blend in any home.
It doesn’t look like an eyesore, thanks to its smooth and contemporary palette.
- Uses a unique air circulation technology
- Amazing overall fan quality
- Powerful airflow
- Unique fan control options
- Up to 10-years warranty
- Comes with remote control and LCD touch control and display
- Energy efficient
- Adjustable height
- Very expensive price tag compared to others
- Not the quietest pedestal fan
3. Honeywell Double Blade 16-Inch
Best Value for Money
Having one of the best and quietest fans on the market helps improve the way air flows inside your home without breaking your budget. You can let go of the standard air conditioner, and use a fan to cool your whole room.
Without a doubt, if there’s one fan out there that has EXCELLENT VALUE for money, it’s the Honeywell Double Blade Fan.
- Whether you plan to use it in your living room or bedroom, it won’t pose a problem. You can easily carry it across different rooms because the Honeywell is lightweight.
- Its powerful double-blade design configuration can cool a room in no time, and its 3-speed setting provides you with the amount of airflow you need in the room.
- The powerful LED control panel lets you choose among three powerful options: breezy, constant, and variable.
- You can even easily change the setting of your fan using the remote control. Even from across the room, you can operate your fan without any hassle!
- The Honeywell also has an auto-off timer, which can help reduce your electric costs in the long run. This feature is especially vital for anyone who wants to cut down their electric bills.
- Maintaining the Honeywell fan also shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks to its removable grills, you can perform regular cleaning sessions with ease.
There’s a variety of designs to choose from, ranging from all types of fans. You won’t have a hard time looking for a quiet fan perfect for your home after you see this value-filled option!
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Three air flow levels
- Remote control operated
- Wide oscillation feature
- Powerful cooling stand fan
- Airflow and speed settings are highly customizable
- Affordable for its features
- Very lightweight
- Clear, LED display control panel
- Doesn’t come with a handle to make it easy to move around the house
- Breeze mode not as significant as other fans
4. Pelonis FS40-16CR Oscillating Fan
Best Quietest Pedestal Fan
If you’re looking for the best quiet but HIGH PERFORMING fan, the Pelonis won’t disappoint.
- Thanks to its brushless digital DC motor, this quiet pedestal fan can provide a powerful and whisper-quiet operation regardless of its setting.
- Unlike most quiet pedestal fans on the market, the Pelonis comes with an outstanding 12-speed setting and three wind modes. You can customize the airflow settings of your fan in no time, especially if you use the included remote control.
- Once more, the Pelonis impresses us with its two unique silent mode settings: silent mode and super-quiet environment.
- Aside from that, this quiet pedestal fan also comes with an economy setting so that it only operates at 25 watts. This setting can significantly cut down your electrical bills in no time.
Whether you plan on using it inside your room, in the kitchen, or living room, you can expect that the Pelonis won’t disturb you, even if you put it at its highest setting.
It’s one of the quietest pedestal fan options on this list!
- Great balance between quality and cost
- Impressive fan features
- Highly durable
- Easy to assemble fan
- Impressive 12 speed settings
- Very energy efficient
- Reasonable price considering its features
- Comes with a remote control
- Quiet and powerful brushless DC motor operation
- Only includes one year warranty
- The design could be improved
5. Rowena VU5550 Turbo Silence
The Pelonis and the Rowena pedestal fan are always pitted against each other because of their ultra-quiet performance. Some might even say the Rowena is significantly superior to the Pelonis…
AND HERE’S WHY:
- In terms of silence and fan speeds, the Rowena Turbo Silence pedestal fan will never disappoint. Whether you use a high setting or not, you’ll barely hear a whisper thanks to its 35 decibels quiet operation. This is one of the quietest pedestal fan options on the market.
- It comes with an impressive five settings, including the turbo boost for a powerful operation, and silent mode for a silent night operation. It’s an ideal quiet pedestal fan to have in your bedroom for a night of uninterrupted sleep.
- You can easily access the options with ease through its remote control.
- But most importantly, the electronic control panel on the fan comes with other options for you to choose from, an eight-hour timer and energy-saving mode
The Rowena Turbo Silence fan can provide a cool breeze inside your house at its highest setting, helping you cut down the need to use your air conditioner!
- Uses a silent technology
- Provides powerful airflow
- Five-speed control options
- Remote control
- Easy to assemble and adjustable height
- Highly recommended fan
- Comes with turbo boost and silent mode options
- Has an electronic control panel
- Tends to move a lot
- Grill requires a lot of maintenance
6. Lasko 1827 18-Inch Elegance and Performance
For the price, the Lasko comes highly recommended as one of the quietest fans you’ll find in the market. With its all-black built, the Lakso can fit in reasonably well in any part of your home.
BREAKDOWN OF FEATURES:
- It’s relatively light and portable, making it an ideal fan to have around the house and even outdoors.
- Like most quiet pedestal fans, the Lasko also comes with a 3-speed setting that can provide your home with a cool breeze without the noise.
- However, unlike other products, Lasko DOES NOT come with a remote control. Instead, it has to be controlled MANUALLY on the rear of the fan. Nevertheless, the setting is powerful enough to cool a room.
- You can also tilt back the fan head to allow a more even circulation of air from your ceiling to the floor. Not only that, but its oscillating fan features provide a wide coverage area, perfect for big spaces.
The Lasko is safe around children and pets, thanks to its built-in fuse technology. They make use of the Blue Plug Patented safety fuse technology, designed to cut off electric current hazardous to your home.
You won’t have to worry about sudden electrical spikes and fires with this one!
- Quietest fan for its price tag
- Flexible height adjustment
- Wide oscillation area
- Various speed options to choose from
- Highly rated fan
- Extremely lightweight and portable despite its large size
- Has a built-in fuse technology
- Highly affordable fan
- Fan is made with plastic parts
- Doesn’t come with a remote control
Essential Considerations Before Buying a Quiet Pedestal Fan
Quiet pedestal fans are effective at giving you a cool breeze and fresh air quietly at any time of the day, and it’s cheaper than buying an air conditioner.
Quiet fans can provide just the same power and air supply, as long as you stick to the best products out there.
They’re also more powerful than other fans because they provide a wide oscillation feature, better airflow, and durability. It can even cool big areas of your home without having too many fans operating all at once.
With that, you should take note of these essential considerations before buying a pedestal fan — to get your money’s worth.
Your budget plays an important role when it’s time to buy your pedestal fan. Knowing how much you have to work with helps narrow down your options.
Luckily, there’s a broad price range for pedestal fans, so you’ll never have a hard time looking for a model that suits your budget.
Make sure to remember that each fan comes with its unique looks and features, which would affect how much you’ll have to spend.
Most basic pedestal fans will be cheaper compared to other models that provide more features.
Just because you’re sticking to a budget doesn’t mean you’ll have to compromise your pedestal fan design.
There’s a ton of design to choose from, and it’s always best to choose a model which will go with your aesthetic.
3. Build Quality
If you want a pedestal fan that can last you years, it would be best to choose from a reputable model that offers excellent product quality.
You don’t have to spend a ton of money for pedestal fans, as long as you stick with reliable brands known for producing quality fans.
Most, if not all, of the products we listed down, are from reputable brands, so you don’t have to worry about the build quality as much here.
Warranties are essential, especially when something happens to the model of your fan.
You want to get the most out of it when your fan needs replacement or servicing, without spending a fortune.
If you’re always on the move, or if you already envision moving your fan’s location often, choosing a lightweight and portable model is the best option.
You won’t have a hard time lugging your fan around, especially if the body is all metal.
Features to Look for When Buying a Pedestal Fan
If there’s one important consideration you’ll have to make, it’s the features that come with your pedestal fan.
The features your pedestal fan has could affect your budget. Nevertheless, if it’s something that’ll make your life easier down the line, then it’ll be worth it.
Here are some features you need to take note of when it comes to pedestal fans:
This is an essential feature to help you enjoy your pedestal fan from different angles.
Whether you’re down on the floor or on the couch, you’ll have no problem letting the cool breeze reach you. Make sure it has an adjustable height feature for more convenience.
2. Base Steadiness
Make sure your fan won’t fall on the ground, especially if you use it in a high setting. When this happens, you’ll risk damaging your pedestal fan in no time.
PRO TIP: Select a round base model for your fan. It provides better stability and is safer to use.
The number of blades your fan has affects its airflow.
Generally, fans with three or more blades provided better airflow than those that come with fewer blades.
When faced with this decision, we suggest getting a fan with three or more blades.
Having a digital display makes a lot of difference in making your pedestal fan look modern and stylish.
Not only that, but it also serves a useful purpose of letting you know your fan’s setting.
5. Noise Level
Noise is always an important consideration when choosing a pedestal fan, or any other fan type for that matter. Select a pedestal fan that provides little to zero noise level.
This feature is especially important if you plan to use the fan in your bedroom because it can help make your room more conducive for sleeping.
No one wants a clicking noise coming from their ceiling fan or pedestal fan ruining their sleep!
6. Remote Control
This feature is pretty straightforward.
If you want to change your fan’s setting without any hassle, having a remote-controlled pedestal fan would be helpful.
7. Fan Speed
Having more than three-speed settings on your fan is always great. You can choose how much airflow you need in your room.
Moreover, the speed settings also play a vital role in managing your pedestal fan’s noise.
Conscious of your electric bill? Having timer settings on your pedestal fan would be helpful.
You can set a timer on your fan, so it shuts off when you’re not using it.
Like we’ve said earlier, our clear winner for today’s pedestal fan roundup challenge is the Costway 16-inch Pedestal Fan.
- The product is highly affordable, even for those with a limited budget. Nevertheless, the Costway is packed with all the features you need for a quiet pedestal fan.
- At its price point, and considering its amazing features, the Costway is a perfect fan product for you.
With barely a whisper to watch out for, the Honeywell Double Blade 16-Inch takes second place.
- Its noise reduction feature is very impressive, even at its highest setting. Moreover, it’s a highly rated product, which is a testament to how many people love the Honeywell.
- This is one of the quietest pedestal fans on this list, and it’s also very affordable!
Today, coming in third is no other than the Vornado 6803DC Energy Smart Air Circulator, hailed for being one of the most powerful pedestal fans.
- Its look alone is powerful enough to cool an entire house, without being too loud.
- The only concern we have with the Vornadi is the price. But if you have a ton of money to spare, the Vornado is one fan that won’t disappoint.
- With a ton of setting options to choose from, you won’t have a hard time finding the perfect setting for you.
Now that you know the best and quietest pedestal fans in the market, what else are you waiting for?
It’s time to get one for yourself and enjoy a quiet and cool day in your home, room, or office.
July 8, 2021 – updated 1 heading, removed 3 article links
July 2, 2021 – updated title and featured image, fixed and updated article formatting and content, optimized content